Monday, October 20, 2008

Girls night out!


I love girls night out. Girls night out started after Jacob was born, and every other week Lily Kate and I go out on a date with NO BOYS! She loves to say that. We go out for a chocolate milk at Starbucks and a shopping trip at Target, or on a mission to Gymboree so she can pick out a Thanksgiving recital dress, or a trip to the library to stock up on books and movies, or just a hang out date at the smoothie shop. No matter where we are I get two or three hours to hear all her stories from school, or ballet, or how her fish Gill is doing. Our time is full of her silly giggles and laughter. I experience her unabashed forwardness to strangers and through our conversations I get to see the sensitive and compassionate side of Lily.

As Lily gets older and busier I feel that my time with her seems to be slipping away. She is no longer by my side from the time she gets up in the morning to the time I put her down at night. And that is why I love girls night out, for me every minute is priceless.

No comments: